adopt a pet!
Please review the following IMPORTANT POINTS in our adoption process.
- Adoption Application must be submitted to be considered for adoption. Filling out an application does not obligate you to adopt, nor does it guarantee an adoption.
- Application Review: Please allow 3-5 business days for an adoption coordinator to process your application.
- Vet Reference: Please contact your veterinarian and give permission for information to be released to Paws of Piedmont. We will contact your vet.
- Two personal references are required and we will contact your references.
- Applicant Interview
- Meet and Greet
- Possible Home Visit
Please note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the adoption application is complete in its entirety. Our Adoption team will not process your application if any items are left blank (ex: Vet’s phone, landlord’s phone, references and phone numbers, etc.)
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- If you are renting, you must have the landlord’s approval and show proof of pet/deposit paid.
- All animals owned by the applicant, including pets of roommates and family, must be spayed/neutered (unless a documented medical reason does not allow this), up-t0-date on vaccines (Rabies, DHPP/FVRCP), and receiving monthly heartworm prevention.
- Must agree to yearly vet visits, including heartworm test and vaccinations (DHPP/FVRCP and Rabies).
- Must agree to give monthly heartworm prevention year-round.
- Must agree to keep microchip in Rescue’s name.
- Must agree to return adopted animal to Paws of Piedmont if you cannot keep the animal any longer.
Dogs: $200 which includes all core vaccines, Spay/Neuter, microchip and negative heartworm test.
Ready to adopt? Fill out the online pet adoption form.
Foster a Pet
Want to take that first step to fostering a pet? Fill our the online pet fostering form.